Condition Monitoring Services
Clark Testing Condition Monitoring Services Laboratory (CMS Lab) provides oil analysis and diagnostics to enhance maintenance programs. Our CMS Lab assists maintenance professionals in the early detection of equipment problems, and in predicting future machine reliability. The CMS Lab provides oil, water glycol, and grease analyses to help maximize machinery performance, extend oil change intervals, and minimize oil-related disruptions in production schedules.
Samples of oil are analyzed for degradation, contamination and wear debris. The CMS Lab assists clients in knowing when and how equipment is degrading through testing machine oil samples. By managing the lubricants in machinery, clients lower maintenance and lubrication costs, improve maintenance scheduling, and reduce parts inventory.
The CMS Lab tests samples from frontline equipment, as well as incoming lubricants for compliance to specifications and quality assurance. Computer controlled quality assurance and a web based Lab Information Management System provide accurate reporting and maintenance recommendations. The test reports generated by the CMS Lab are the most comprehensive and user-friendly in the industry. All testing is performed in accordance with ASTM or other standardized applicable methods.
- Elemental Additive Depletion and Wear Analysis
- Wear Debris Diagnostics
- Service Life Evaluation
- Recycled / Reclaimed Oil Evaluations
- Lubricant Characteristics Evaluation
- Lubricant Degradation Testing
- Quality Assurance Programs
- Diagnosis & Maintenance Recommendations
- Acid Number (former TAN)
- Infrared Organic Spectrometry (FTIR)
- pH of Fluid Sample
- Viscosity, Kinematic (40C, 100C, Visc Index)
- Wear Debris Analysis – Optical Ferrography (WDA)
- Reserve Alkalinity
- Base Number (former TBN)
- Particle Cleanliness (ISO, SAE, or NAS Codes)
- Spectrometric Analysis (21 metals)
- Water by Karl Fischer Titration
- Wear Index-ferrous particle quantifier (WI)
- Varnish Potential